Replacing a Cooker or Oven Fan Element…
If your oven’s fan element is faulty, you’ll need to replace it as soon as possible. The fan element is responsible for circulating hot air in the oven, ensuring even cooking temperatures.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of removing and replacing an oven fan element.
Before we begin…
- Disconnect the appliance from any power supply and isolate the supply so it cannot be accidentally reconnected while you are working on it.
- Wear gloves! While appliances are nice and smooth on the exterior and pose no risk to cuts etc, the inside of appliances can be extremely sharp as they are not designed for consumers hands to be inside the machine.
- If you are not confident in attempting any repair to a domestic appliance, then call an expert.
- Replacement Oven Fan Element
- Wire strippers
- Electrical tape
- Locate the Fan Element – The fan element is usually located at the back of the oven, behind a metal cover. Some ovens may have the fan element at the top or bottom of the oven. Consult your oven’s user manual if you’re unsure where to find it.
- Remove the Fan Element Cover – Using a screwdriver, remove the screws holding the cover in place. Carefully pull the cover away from the oven, being mindful not to damage any wires or connections.
- Disconnect the Fan Element – You’ll see two wires connected to the fan element. Use pliers to gently pull them away from the element. Make a note of which wire goes where, so you can connect the new element correctly later on.
- Remove the Fan Element – There may be screws holding the fan element in place. Remove these using a screwdriver. Carefully pull the element away from the oven. If it’s stuck, gently wiggle it until it comes free.
- Install the New Fan Element – Take your new fan element and place it in the same position as the old one. Screw it into place using the screws you removed earlier.
- Reconnect the Wires – Take the wires you disconnected earlier and connect them to the new fan element in the same position as the old one. Use wire strippers to expose a small amount of wire if necessary. Secure them in place using electrical tape.
- Replace the Fan Element Cover – Place the cover back over the fan element and screw it into place using the screws you removed earlier.
- Test the Oven – Switch on the power supply to the oven and test it to ensure the fan element is working correctly. Turn on the oven and check that the fan is spinning and that hot air is being circulated evenly.
That’s it! You’ve successfully removed and replaced your oven’s fan element. With proper care and maintenance, your oven should be working well for years to come.
For further Cooker & Hob Spares – trust Spares 4 Appliances.